Thursday 6 September 2012

Persuasive Writing - Barfoot and Thompson competition to convince them to give us rugby tickets

I was asleep on the bus going into school, I was so excited about tomorrow's game. I thought it was today but it was just a dream and in my dream Auckland won the ITM cup. I was so excited I even screamed on the bus "Go Auckland, we want you to win the ITM cup, so come on Auckland win it"! So give me the 75 tickets and I will share them with Room 8 and Room 14. I have never been to a rugby game before and would love it!

By Antonio



All the energy is amazing, learning all the new things about rugby and being in the fresh air. "Hey you, yeah you! I hear you have a bunch of tickets burning a hole in your pocket, well I need those tickets badly and when I say badly I mean it!" 

Firstly I wouldn't want to picture those poor kids faces missing out on the rugby because they didn't get picked. By the way one of those faces is me because I've never been to a rugby game... EVER! I would be so excited if me and my mates could go to an unforgettable game.

Most importantly I would divvy out the tickets to all the people that took their time to scribble down some ideas and write to you, plus I wouldn't take my eyes off the action and I would enjoy every minute of it. 

So please, please, please give me those tickets, I will be SO GLAD!

By Ella



3, 2, 1 the whistle blows as loud as a trumpet! "Do you sit around doing nothing just flicking through the t.v channels just waiting for something to happen?" Suddenly you are flicking through the channels and you see the Wellington Lions versus Auckland. What if you got tickets for free for you and 74 kids from your school? I would love to go, I am a massive supporter for the Lions and Auckland. I have never been before live I have just watched it on t.v.

I think you should give the tickets to kids that want to go and are huge rugby fans and also to the people who have never been before.

By Taine


Yelling in my ear, whispering all around me. People blurting out "Go Wellington, go Wellington!" so I raise my voice and scream "Go Auckland, go Auckland!" Yes! My shouting helped! We got an awesome try and a beautiful score, 34 -10. The game is almost over.. NO! The people behind me trying to shout but it was too late. BANG! I see floating stars around me. "Brooke, Brooke wake up!" says my family. "AAAHHH I'm dizzy" I say. Brooke that was just a dream, so all that shouting for nothing? Yeah. 

So please give Reremoana 75 tickets and we'll be happy. We will divide the tickets evenly to whoever participated in the rugby writing. Some people haven't even been to a live rugby game. YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!!

By Brooke


3, 2, 1 the whistle blows, Wellington kicks off. Auckland catches the powerful ball. BANG! the ball hits Kevin Mealamu's hands.

Then I wake up... it was just a dream! It's not fair. I wish I was there with my mates. "You should give us the tickets because I really like the flame throwers and I want to show my mates how cool they are". I watch rugby all the time even when my Dad wakes me up early in the morning. I get to watch the rugby and enjoy some coke and pizza but I still prefer to be at the game LIVE! 

So I order you to give us the tickets and we will make Auckland win the match!

By Jared R



Can you imagine staying home sitting down staring at a plain wall without anything to do compared to watching an exciting rugby game LIVE at Eden park? If you can then give me those tickets!

First of all I won't get bored watching the game and I will be cheering for Auckland like crazy, especially when I'm a HUGE rugby fan. So if you give me those tickets me and my friends will be so grateful.

This is New Zealand mate! We are passionate about rugby, we love to watch rugby so we won't just sit there doing nothing. 

Finally this piece was to persuade you why those tickets you hold in your hand should be given to me and my mates to go to the rugby game Auckland versus Wellington.

By Marianne



3, 2, 1 the crowd goes wild.... and then I wake up "Oh it was just a dream". 

I think that you should let me and my School go to the game because we deserve to the game as we are BIG rugby fans.

Also because we deserve a trip out on the weekend being able to watch a game live and stuff our faces with food.

Our School should also go because a lot of the people from our school have not been to a LIVE game before and it will be a great experience.

I would give the tickets to our School because it would be a fantastic experience for all the people that would go.

So that is why you should give Reremoana School 75 tickets. Please, please give us the tickets.

By Benjamin



Wind in my hair, yelling in my ears, New Zealand has the ball... my friend is yelling - wake up Wellington! 

"Do you want to get tickets off your back?" Great! Give them to me and everyone who wrote to you! 

"Wake up Kaitlyn, are you okay?" all of a sudden my friends and family were around me. My friend panicked and said "you got hit with a ball! and what were you dreaming about?" I replied by saying "getting the tickets for the rugby game"! (or so I thought!)

By Kaitlyn


NOOOOO!
I just had my dreams crushed . The tickets for Auckland versus Wellington have sold out. A tear slid down the side of my cheek, even the class is going (but not me). *another tear* I walk up and down the lonely streets searching through the bins for tickets like a dog looking for a nice juicy bone. I am desperate for tickets. 

Please Barfoot and Thompson pick me. You don't want to crush dreams of a Year 5 class full of rugby fans, do you? So please give the tickets to us. 

I will give the tickets to people who took their time to take part in this event (and the people who want to go).

By Victoria



Ready, 1, 2, 3. Come on down, come on down! Come on down to watch Auckland win against Wellington at the ITM cup. Reremoana students are ready to shout our hearts out until the game is over! Wow, I see the game is starting... this is my first time watching a live rugby match... *ball gets kicked from the stadium out into the crowd... *towards me.... KAPOW! 

Next thing I wake up and have no memory of ever being at a LIVE rugby match! Oh dear...

I wish I could remember being at the game, so I am going to pray for 75 tickets to go to the ITM cup with my friends. So why not give Reremoana 75 tickets? So please, please pretty please give us the tickets!

By Natalie



Come on Auckland! Try! I wake up. "Oh, it was just a dream!" Do you wake up feeling you just had the best day of your life but it wasn't even real. Well welcome to my world. I wake up everyday feeling like that. Today I'm going to convince you to take me and my mates to the rugby game.

I would divvy up the tickets to people who took time to write down their ideas about wanting to go.

I will cheer for Auckland so loud that my cousin would hear me in Christchurch! That's how passionate I am.

It would be wonderful to experience every minute of the LIVE game.

Lastly it would be educational for me. I would learn how they catch, kick and tackle in a game of rugby.

I would be so psyched if you picked me. So please, please give me the tickets!

By Katie

5 comments:

  1. Well done guys we did a great job.......




    From Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we win those tickets. They'll make a BIG mistake if they don't...



    Katie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good writing room 8.With all that hard work i hope we WIN.
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this writing is aousom!






    emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope we win those tickets so we can go to a awesome rugby game



    ella

    ReplyDelete